Food banks across the state have been helping record numbers of residents as the COVID-19 pandemic left people without jobs or working fewer hours. The Central Community Foundation board approved $24,000 in assistance to area food banks. Programs receiving funds include:
- Helping Hands Community Foundation, Chandler
- Our Daily Bread, Stillwater
- 4 Kids and Community, Perkins
- Mehan Union Church Food Program
- Perry Community Cares
- Perry Food Pantry
- Stroud Food Pantry
- Langston Community Food Pantry
- Luther Community Service Center
- God’s Food Bank, Guthrie
- Hilltop Country Church Food Pantry, Morrison
- Orlando First Baptist Church
The Central Community Foundation is a charitable organization established by Central Electric Cooperative to administer a program called Operation Round Up®.
The foundation makes grants available to individuals and organizations throughout Central’s service area from the money donated by Central members who choose to round up their electric bill to the nearest dollar each month.