Where We Serve
Central serves seven counties in central Oklahoma including Garfield, Lincoln, Logan, Oklahoma, Noble, Payne and Pawnee. Central has made it a mission to improve the quality of life of those living in the communities in our service area. These communities include:
Agra- In northern Lincoln County, 13 miles north of Chandler. Post office established December 20, 1902. Its name was coined by the town site developer from the word agriculture. Estimated population: 356.
Arcadia- In northeastern Oklahoma County adjoining Oklahoma City. Post office established August 2, 1890. The word means ideal rustic contentment. Estimated population: 279.
Carney- In northwestern Lincoln County. Post office established April 9, 1892. Named for Carney Staples, town site developer. The original name of the community was Cold Springs. Estimated population: 649.
Chandler- County seat of Lincoln County. Post office established September 21, 1891. Named for George Chandler, Independence, Kan. , assistant secretary of the interior under President Harrison. Estimated population: 2,136.
Coyle- In eastern Logan County. Town site plat filed in 1899 as Iowa City. Post office established May 5, 1900. Named for William Coyle of Guthrie. Estimated population: 337.
Crescent- In western Logan County. Post office established February 21, 1890. It took its name from the crescent-shaped ring of nearby oak timber. Estimated population: 1,281.
Cushing- In southeastern Payne County. Post office established November 10, 1891. Named for Marshall Cushing, private secretary to John Wanamaker, postmaster general. Estimated population: 8,371.
Davenport- In eastern Lincoln County. Post office established March 29, 1892. Named for her family by Nettie Davenport, first postmaster. Estimated population: 881.
Glencoe- In northern Payne County, 10 miles southwest of Pawnee. Post office established December 6, 1899. Until June 14, 1901, the official name of the post office was Glenco. Its name comes from Glencoe, a glen (a small, secluded valley) in Argyllshire. Estimated population: 582.
Guthrie- Capital of Oklahoma Territory and the capital of the state of Oklahoma until June 11, 1910. County seat of Logan County , as well as its predecessor territorial county. Post office established April 4, 1889. Named for John Guthrie of Topeka, Kansas. Estimated population: 9,925.
Jones- Formerly Glaze. In northeastern Oklahoma County. Post office name changed to Jones, June 1, 1898. Named for C.G. Jones, Oklahoma City industrialist and railroad promoter. Estimated population: 2,517.
Langston- In northeastern Logan County. Post office established June 25, 1891. Named for John M. Langston of Virginia, well-known Negro educator and member of congress. Estimated population: 1,670.
Luther- In northeastern Oklahoma County. Post office established July 26, 1898. Named for Luther Jones, Oklahoma City businessman and son of C.G. Jones. Estimated population: 612.
Mulhall- In northern Logan County. Post office established June 6, 1890. Named for Colonel Zack Mulhall, rancher and showman. Estimated population: 239.
Orlando- In northeastern Logan County. Post office established July 18, 1889. Named for Orlando Hysell, relative of town site developer. Estimated population: 201.
Perkins- In southern Payne County. Post office established January 31, 1890. Named for B.W. Perkins, senator from Kansas. Estimated population: 2,272.
Perry- County seat of Noble County. Post office established August 25, 1893. Named for J.A. Perry, a member of the Cherokee Strip Commission during the administration of President Grover Cleveland. Estimated population: 5,230.
Ripley- In southern Payne County , 7 miles west of Cushing. Post office established February 23, 1900. Named for William P. Ripley, president of the Santa Fe Railway. Estimated population: 444.
Stillwater- County seat of Payne County. Post office established August 28, 1889. Took its name from nearby Stillwater Creek, a tributary of the Cimarron River. Estimated population: 39,065.
Stroud- In eastern Lincoln County. Post office established September 16, 1892. Named for James W. Stroud, prominent early-day trader. Estimated population: 2,758.
Tryon- Formerly Fouts. In northern Lincoln County. Post office name changed to Tryon, March 15, 1899. Named for Fred S. Tryon, town site owner. Estimated population: 448.
Wellston- In western Lincoln County. Post office established September 19, 1884. Named for Christian T. Wells, licensed Indian trader. Estimated population: 825.