Sign up for commercial service
If you need electric service at a location which already has electric service, or has a meter pole, meter pedestal or a meter on the home or building, Central can usually reconnect your service by the next business day. Contact our Member Service Department to request a service re-connect. Please have the service address or pole number available when you call. If service equipment is not at your location, then we will need to construct distribution lines to serve you.
Construction of a new service may require several weeks to complete, depending on the length and complexity of the job. The following activities must be completed to provide you with the new service.
- Contact the Central Engineering Department. Our office representatives will explain the initial application process and set-up a time for you to meet with our field representative at the new service location. The field meeting may be scheduled from 1 to 2 weeks after the initial contact.
- Construction cost for new services is governed by Part IV of the Central Terms and Conditions of Service, which is approved by our Board of Trustees.
- Our field representative will meet with you at the service location to determine the meter location, line route, service capacity and other construction details. Please have your site plan and electrical load requirements with you at this meeting. The representative will also provide you with easement forms, membership documents and other information that must be completed before construction can begin.
- A word about easements – Central requires easements for all of its distribution lines, except for some service drops. As a cooperative corporation, Central does not pay for these easements because they mutually benefit Central and its members. The easement forms are very specific in the construction and maintenance requirements, and easement widths, and cannot be altered in any way. Central will not be able to provide service to anyone who declines to provide the standard Central easement.
- Please return all payments, forms, easements, permits and other documents as requested by your Central representative. After the field representative has completed the construction drawings and received your documents, your new service will be scheduled for construction.
- The construction process can take from a few days to several weeks depending on terrain, weather and the length of the job. Your field representative can give you a rough idea of the completion time when the job is scheduled for construction.
Please refer to the Construction Project Lifecycle and Timelines page for more information on how construction jobs are built.