Central Electric Cooperative is using a model called Placemaking to more thoroughly evaluate places in Central’s service area. The Placemaking model represents a new architectural design for developments, a method of planning that is a more holistic approach and captures the key elements for making place matter. The framework of this model recognizes the urgent need to harness new innovations through a new systematic planning model that creates more value and long-term benefits for all stakeholders.
The Placemaking model is built on five key principles that create a better experience for tenants, improved solutions for operational excellence and an increased rate of return on investments:
- Broad territorial vision — a recognition that developments are a part of the community/region and need to connect to other areas and stakeholders.
A campus design that leverages spatial efficiencies and connections to resources and places.
- Framework for growth — a model that serves as a tool for anticipating expectations, creating a path for orderly development and growth
within the development area.
- Creating synergies - the development of campus covenants that align the goals and objectives with tenants and retains the integrity and value of investments for long-term benefit.
- Economies of Scale — leveraging critical resources and innovations for economies of scale and enabling firms to more effectively compete
and optimize efficiencies and productivity.
- Anticipating — with the exponential growth of technology, places must have the ability to continually innovate and position tenants for the future.
Smart Pointes - Making Place Matter One Pointe at a Time
Smart Pointes are an avenue for integrating smart technologies one Pointe at a time. Smart Pointes will be used throughout a community to provide various technologies, such as LED lighting, wi-fi, surveillance, video advertising, etc. Using advanced metering and building automation system integration, a Smart Pointe can be used to make a building smarter. Using smart infrastructure and renewable energy technology, an area can use Smart Pointes to use energy more efficiently. Smart Pointes use an outdoor LED lighting architecture to provide various technologies for the area. A data management and broadband infrastructure can be provided to an area through the Smart Pointe infrastructure.